Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How do I get Oxalis out of my cactus and succulent potted Gardens?

I live in a very windy desert area and it has spread to several expensive Gardens. I have thought about putting some of the pebbles with white glue next to the plants. What do you think?

How do I get Oxalis out of my cactus and succulent potted Gardens?
Seeing the word 'Oxalis' brought horrid memories flooding back - it is a nightmare!!





We bought an innocent looking pot plant which was so cool because it was a mound and you could stick your finger into it and the 'hole' would disappear. They called it a "Mind your own business" plant.





I put it on the lawn one day to water it and the little yellow flowers popped their evil seeds on the lawn.





A year later it had spread over a thirty square yard area.





I researched, read everything, even went onto a radio gardening programme to ask the experts - spent a fortune but nothing worked.





I would try to remove every sign of them by changing the compost, but if any flowers are there the seeds will pop and spread to the new compost, so chop off all flowers beforehand - do this in a sink or bathtub if possible





Good luck!
Reply:Carefully dig down to the "bulbs" using a weed fork and remove by the roots.


No comments:

Post a Comment